Thursday, November 22, 2012

Thanksgiving!

Obviously, Australia doesn't celebrate Thanksgiving, so Kim and I had to take things into our own hands to celebrate it some how. As weird as it sounds, turkey isn't a very popular meat here. The only place I've seen it has been at Subway. So Subway it was for Kim and I. We each got a turkey sub sandwich to get our turkey fix on Thanksgiving. It hit the spot, but it was nothing like my Aunt Carin's cooking! Today is Thanksgiving in America so my whole family is together in California. they skyped me earlier today which was fun. I got to see all of my aunts and uncles along with grandma and cousins. I miss them terribly and can't wait to see them in person! It is weird being in a different country that doesn't celebrate the same things you usually do or the same way you to. It would be something to get used to if I ever moved here.

As the semester is coming to a close, I have had to say goodbye to my friends here. I have shed a few tears. It won't be the same back home with out my crazy group of Aussie friends. I have met so many great friends that I will never forget. This has been the experience of a life time. It is now time for some packing and more goodbyes. Until next time, Happy Thanksgiving! :D

No comments:

Post a Comment