Monday, August 27, 2012

Australian Style

So I've decided to blog this week about Australian clothing style. They definitely have a style that is similar to the US, but also very different. I say similar because they have obviously the casual look of jeans and a shirt, beach clothes, and whatnot. The thing I thought was interesting was that the girls dress up nicely for class and when I say nicely I mean way more than jeans and shirt like I usually go to class in. High waisted skirts, shorts and pants are very popular with the ladies. The evening attire is mostly dresses and skirts. Nothing like the jeans and boots the Flagstaffians go out in. The dresses are mostly tight on top and very flowy on the bottom. The tops that are popular are usually see through or lacey. The girls wear singlets underneath. a Singlet is a tank top. They are all very cute and I love the style. If I had enough money I would definitely come back to the US with all Australian clothes!

The boys dress differently too. There is a lot of button up shirts, sweaters, and rugby jerseys. They are big fans of skinny jeans. I have not seen one male that has had their pants at their ankles like certain individuals in the US....thank goodness! haha Of course, you have your surfer guy with the shaggy hair and beachy clothes...which I love! Oh and they wear short shorts for a guy like mid thigh! They dress nicer too. I'm going to have some high expectations of style for the men when I go back home that's for sure! haha

My dress for Hall Ball.

One of the popular lacey see through shirts

High wasted skirts

Boot like heels that every girl owns!

Kevin and Angus demonstrating typical guy attire.
Australian style is very hard to describe. Just like home, there are different groups of people with different styles. It is the same here. There are tons of different groups and each has its own style. I have taken some photos of the clothing that my friends wear, but that is just a sample.

No comments:

Post a Comment