Thursday, August 9, 2012

On our day off...

Kim and I got done with classes early the other day and decided to spend the rest of our afternoon in the city of Newcastle rather then be stuck in our dorms for the afternoon. We are definitely getting used to the whole train system...we accidentally missed the first one by like 5 seconds...we even ran to it! It was a funny sight! Though, the next train came 20 minutes later so the wait wasn't too bad! It was a very relaxing day. We walked over to Noddys Beach, sat in the sand (It was sooo soft!), put our feet into the water which wasn't too cold, and went to an amazing Mexican food place!! I finally found one good enough! Yay!! Though I will probably only treat myself once in a while. That was pretty much all we did.

This was the photo from last week!

Customs- a popular bar!

Nobbys Beach!


My car but Australian version!

View from train station!

Me being silly! :D
Tomorrow is a University wide celebration called Festival of Autonomy! It is the celebration of the University of Newcastle separating from the University of New South Wales. It is a HUGE thing here. There are fun events all over campus! Everyone makes shirts and get super into it!! I can't wait! I need to get some sleep! Talk to y'all soon! :D

No comments:

Post a Comment