Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Exploring...

Today, Katie, Lori and I went into town to explore around. We took the bus; Katie explained how it works to me so now I know how to take the bus better than before! Wooo It was an exciting moment for me. :D We walked all around. We started out by walking up this huge steep street to see the view of the city and the beaches. We then kind of just went with our instincts and walked to where we thought the other beaches were. And we were right. We stumbled upon a few grassy parks that had AMAZING view of Newcastle Beach and the ocean. Oh, it was unbelievable. Lori had been to another park called King Edwards Park. It had a pretty little garden full of different flowers and benches to view the ocean. The park was a perfect picnic spot. There were a few couples and groups of friends doing just that. I have now added that on my to do list while here. Lori was also told about some place called the Bogey Hole. We then went on a hunt to find it and man! we are good navigators because we found it. It was soo cool. There was a sign on the way in that told us the history behind it. Commander James Thomas of the Military had a hole carved into the rocks to create his personal bathing area. It was later made for the public. It looked like a mini pool that was attached to the rocks and ocean. There were heaps of warning signs, but a few people still swim in it. I feel like a dip may be in my future. Huge waves crashed over the side and almost made it a wave pool.

View from the huge street!

Newcastle Beach

Katie, Me, Lori

Garden at King Edwards Park

Warning sign for the Hole

The bath carved into the side of the hill.

One of my favorite photos.

The bath.

Bogey Hole history.
Today was another one of those reality check moments. Seeing the ocean and Australia's beauty made me decide that I never want to leave! I am in love with the ocean and the beach. I cannot wait to see what the rest of Australia has to offer me. I leave for Sydney tomorrow to see my family! Yay! I will share my adventures when I can! Talk soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment