Monday, October 22, 2012

Warmer weather is coming!

Kimmy, Grace, and I going for a night swim!
Since I got half of my summer chopped off by coming to Australia, I am excited to say that my Australian summer is starting to roll in. The whole Celsius instead of Fahrenheit is taking some getting used to, but when it's warm its warm and there is no need for a degrees. Just a bathing suit and the beach calling my name! haha TEDs has its own pool outside of it which is AWESOME!!! Friends and I always go out and lay out. Its so perfect. The past Friday night it was so hot that we went for a nice night swim, however the water wasn't as warm as we would have liked so we didn't stay in long. Saturday was a scorcher that's for sure. I got a tan just from about two hours of laying out. It was awesome. But I have been warned to always wear my sunscreen since the Ozone layer is either gone or very very thin so the UV rays are way stronger here than back home. An Aussie friend had told me that back home she goes outside to hang her laundry to dry and she will come back inside with a pink tint from the sun. How crazy is that?! Since it is getting warmer, the to do list is getting longer. I still have to learn how to surf! The girls and I have planned a trip up to the Gold Coast aka Surfers' Paradise for a few days. I think this would be the perfect time to do so. I will keep you all updated. In the mean time, I will be doing heaps of school work. I will officially be done with classes and assignments in two weeks! It's definitely a shocker! I will have three weeks off to travel around after that and then November 27th I will be on a flight back to the US of A. How fast time flies...?!

No comments:

Post a Comment