Monday, July 30, 2012

Computer problems!


Ughh! I made this awesome video for all of you, but unfortunately this web page won't let me upload it!! Grrr! I will try and re film it so that maybe it will load! But to catch you all up on what has been happening....not a whole lot! haha I had a relaxing weekend with friends! We all woke up at 5:30am on Saturday morning to watch the opening ceremony of the Olympics which was a total of 4 hours long...I was the only one that stayed awake for the whole thing! woo go me!! I have been trying to watch as much swimming as possible and the Olympics in general, but it's really hard with the time difference. Watching them in Australia, I now know all about a majority of the Australian athletes since that is all they have on the TV. It's definitely not the same watching them here compared to home. I don't even get to listen to the Olympic song when it goes to the commercial breaks! :( It's one of my favorite songs/tunes...haha I have been representing the USA pretty darn well though!! I wear my American flag bandanna every time I go to watch! Oh and I found these awesome leggings while in Australia that I HAD to buy! :D For those of you wondering what that weird looking piece of food is below...it is a meat pie!! My very first!! It was very good and not what I expected at all! Apparently everyone puts ketchup on them, but I figured I would try it plan for the first time! Well besides classes, there hasn't been anything that exciting going on! This coming weekend I have a bush walking experience trip with some of the international students through their office!! I'm very excited!! Then Saturday night Kim and I will be attending a rugby game!! We are very excited for that as well. A bunch of TEDS kids will be going so we have a fun big group to meet up with! I was also invited to meet one of my friends in Melbourne the last weekend of August to watch more rugby games but a different league! There are 3 different leagues and it's all very confusing! haha The game is more intense than American football, it's continuous, and the players don't wear padding of any kind! They think it's silly that we wear so much padding for football! I think they referred to us as "soft" as in something like we can't take the heat of playing a rough game. But again there is so much slang here, I'm having a hard time keeping track of everything they say and what it all means! Well, I am off to watch more Olympics!

1 comment:

  1. you look so cute in your leggings:) Love you, MOM

    ReplyDelete