Friday, July 27, 2012

HI!

Hey guys!
So today pretty much ends my first week of classes. It was a great week. I only had three lectures. All of my classes seem like they will be pretty basic and just like the ones back home. My professors seem awesome too...well except for the anti-America one which you all have probably already read about. Here at TEDS, there are 2 formal dinners in a semester. One at the beginning which you can see in my photos. Each school aka dorm dress up in nice clothes and wear a robe that is placed in the dorm closet for each student. We all met in the dining hall, listened to the head people of the Accommodations, enjoyed a video from O week (orientation week), and ate some great food. I felt like I was in Harry Potter with the dining hall and the whole robes thing. I just needed a wand and I would have been set!! haha

So I have noticed that Australia really doesn't have that much Mexican food which makes me really sad!! But my good friend Kevin found a place and knew Kim and I plus our friend Amy have been craving it. So we went out to dinner and had a decent Mexican dinner....for Aussies. It definitely doesn't compare at all!


For those of you that don't know, Australia is very expensive compared to the US. An average coffee here which is 8oz of espresso and milk is around $4.00+ and for those of you who know me well enough, you know that I LOVE my coffee! Because of the price difference in just about everything here, I decided to apply for a part time job. This is allowed with my student VISA. I turned in my resume to Gloria Jeans (the big coffee place here since apparently Starbucks couldn't hang and went out of business here), a smoothie, crepe, and sushi place called Delish, another on campus coffee bar, and a smaller book store. They are all on campus since I have no idea really how I would be getting to a job way off campus! Ughh public transportation confuses me a bit, but don't fret, I'm working on figuring it out! Go me!! I will keep you updated on whether or not I get the job. Keep your fingers crossed! Plus how cool would it be for me to come back with awesome coffee making skills?! EEEKK! I'm pretty excited!

I'm trying to think of other things you all would want to hear about...I'm kind of drawing a blank! Leave a comment to tell me what you want to hear about!! I'm willing to share!! Campus photos will be coming soon so don't worry about that! But walking to class is almost like walking through the rain forest. I love it! If you have heard that the people here and the culture is really laid back...they were right! I've noticed the people just go with the flow..."No worries" is a huge phrase here! I'd say that is one of the best phrases ever! I feel very at home here, always relaxed, I don't feel too stressed even with classes. The teachers have that relaxed mentality also. It's sooo awesome! :D Oh I have a white board in my room that I have dedicated to inspiration quotes or ones that make me smile! So if you have any that you think will be uplifting and good enough to make the board, post them in a comment!! I like making this blog interactive; I love hearing your comments so don't be shy! <3

Next weekend, Kim and I will be going on a bush adventure with some of the International students! Keep an eye out for a post about it!

No comments:

Post a Comment