Monday, July 23, 2012

First Day of Classes

Today was a very short day. The first week is mostly just the lecture part of the Uni. They have class periods called tutorials for each class that are about 2 hours long. The "tuts" are more like discussions with a small portion of your lecture. The lectures are usually only 1 hour long and this is where the professor teaches the material. So my first class is at noon. Breakfast is from 7:30-9:30 in the morning and if you don't go at those times you don't get breakfast. So this school has me getting up earlier than I would want! haha The group of kids that I have made friends with go right at 7:30 and call themselves the breakfast club! I love it..so cute! For those of you wondering...yes Kim and I are now a part of the breakfast club! haha I feel so 80's! :D Anyways, after b-fast it was time to get ready for class. Of course, it was starting to rain...yay. One of the good friends I have made, Steven who lives upstairs, offered to drive us to class because of the rain. Kim and I had our history class today. It is Hist 1052: Australia and the World. It was interesting and a typical lecture class except he sure made it clear that he is not a huge fan of Americans...uhohhh. Kim and I will definitely be keeping quiet in this class. It was in a huge lecture hall, but was no where being filled full. After, we walked to get lunch at Bar on the Hill and just hung out the rest of the evening since it was our only class for the day this week. Next week the tutorials will be starting, so we will have our history tut later that afternoon. Well the boys are making us dinner tonight, I'm off to eat some risotto! Yum!!
Lecture hall for history

2 comments:

  1. bad raining! But it's kind of a winter in Australia.. I'm sure you'll find the way to ignore this weather :-) Lucy from Czech Rep

    P.S. I'm a huge fan of your blog bcs it makes me read something English :D and-I'm a huge fan of you Americans :-))))

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww thanks! Glad to hear you like reading!! Hope all is well! :D

    ReplyDelete