Saturday, July 21, 2012

O Week!

Hi guys!




Free drinks at Bar on the Hill
Koala! :D
The first week on campus has been great! Kim and I attended all of the fun stuff that the school had to offer. We sat through the business stuff, had University Olympics (scavenger hunt around campus), walked around the city, went to their mall, and went on an excursion to a Reptile Park!! I have met people from all over the world like Tokyo, Canada, London, and of course some Australians!! They are all so nice! The girls that live in our dorm were nice enough to drive us to the store so we didn't have to walk! Fewf! There is TONS of walking here! On the hunt around campus we went to all of the major buildings and did a task to get our papers checked off. I thought getting around NAU was hard with all the trees, but UoN is on a whole new level!! I will definitely be needing a map on the first day, makes me feel like a freshman again..haha! The malls are different. They have grocery stores in them, produce, meats, seafood, and normal clothing stores oh and they have a Target, but that is way different too! The coolest part of the week though was going to the reptile park! I got to see Koalas, kangaroos, huge snakes, dingoes, crocodiles, and a HUGE turtle! The park was very cool!

There was an orientation week for the dorm we are staying in also! We went to a pub crawl and had themed parties of Cops and Robbers and
Mardi Gras. They were a lot of fun. Tons of dancing too which is my favorite!
But tomorrow is Sunday so Kim and I will be doing some trekking around campus to find classes! Yay! I will keep you all posted at least once a week! :D <3

Hugo the turtle!
Coolest thing ever! Kangaroos! I walked right up and hugged it!


1 comment:

  1. love it...hope you get to go more excursions and see more of australia. Love You

    ReplyDelete